Hypnotherapy is the process through which a person safely explores their subconscious mind, with the guidance of a Hypnotherapist. This begins with a deep, relaxed trance state and follows with proven techniques, positive affirmations and vivid imagery. Some of the techniques used: suggestion therapy, regression, inner wisdom integration, core transformation, pain management, accelerated healing and trauma reversal. Sometimes described as yoga for the mind, this inner work helps clients reduce stress, refocus their goals, reclaim their personal power and gain a deeper appreciate of the power of their mind and how it influences their health and happiness.
Hypnotheraphy is an effective treatment when you:
- feel stuck, blocked, stressed out or overwhelmed
- are in the midst of a transition (relationship, career, retirement, menopause, etc.)
- feel held back by limiting thoughts or past events (regret, guilt, anger, frustration, resentment, shame, fear, abandonment, dismissal, rejection, disempowerment)
- procrastinate, feel listless or blocked creatively
- want to get off the merry-go-round of habitual reaction to situations or events
- want to take proactive steps, make positive change, but just don’t know how to start
- feel emotionally triggered by events, situations or relationships, and can’t seem to figure out why
- want to achieve even more and are looking to accelerate the skills, abilities and capabilities you already have
- want more of the good stuff that life has to offer (happiness, joy, love, acceptance, feelings of safety, security, caring, compassion and forgiveness)
- want to thrive, feel engaged, present and passionate about what you’re doing, who you are and your life.
- want to strengthen your current mindfulness practice.
The purpose of Hypnosis is to:
- to rest, relax and rejuvenate the body and to reduce stress.
- to teach self-control and choice.
- to recognize or discover positive action steps.
- to rediscover skills, abilities and resources you may have forgotten you have.
- to reclaim desires and dreams you had when you were younger.
- to replace unwanted habits with positive, effective patterns.
- to refocus ineffective or limiting beliefs.
- to become aware of and connect with your inner intelligence.
- to be open to lateral thinking your creativity and intuition.
- to be still, more mindful, present and focused.
- to strengthen your body/mind connection.
- to enjoy a healthier, happier more peaceful, joyful life.
A Hypnotherapist is like your co-pilot, shepherd, facilitator or guide on this inner journey of discovery. The role of a Hypnotherapist is to create a safe place for the client to explore their subconscious; to support and assist the client through the process and to present the client with ways to refocus limiting beliefs, let go of ineffective habits and achieve their goals. Learn more about Nicolette Eus’ Hypnotherapy services.
FAQsWill I be asleep?
You are completely aware during the entire session, and will remember everything important from every session. Your senses will be active. Some people notice an increase in their sense of smell or hearing while they are in trance.
What is Hypnosis? What does it feel like?
It is a completely natural yet altered state of awareness, in which the critical factor is relaxed, allowing focused attention and selective thinking.
Relaxing your Critical Factor or Inner Critic, allows you to explore the emotions and beliefs that may be limiting or motivating your actions and behavior.
To some it feels like a vivid daydream or a deep guided meditation, while others report that it feels like the ‘zone’ they go into when they’re doing something they really enjoy. My Clients tell me that after being in trance, they feel refreshed, invigorated, positive, and completely relaxed.
Example of a light trance:
Have you ever gotten into your car, driven to work, and when you arrived, not remembered the actual drive? Or, have you ever immersed yourself so deeply into an activity that you lost track of time? If yes, you’ve experienced a light trance.
The trance experienced during Hypnosis is similar, but deeper. Relaxation is much greater, your eyes are usually closed and you continue to maintain your other senses.
Is Hypnosis a form of mind control? Will I be at your mercy? Will I do something embarrassing?
You are always in control during the entire process & aware of what’s going on, what’s being said to you and what you are saying. You always have the choice to do or say something, or not. You cannot be impelled to do anything that is outside of your moral code. In fact, Hypnosis helps you gain greater control of your body and mind.
How many sessions will I need?
That varies from person to person, depending on their issues and goals. We’ll talk about that in more detail the first time we meet. Depending on the issue or goal, typically 3 sessions will be enough. Changing a major habit (ie. smoking cessation) usually requires more sessions. The Mind-Body Fertility Connection Technique recommends a minimum of 5 sessions. The length of each session varies between 1–2 hours, depending on the technique used and the needs of the Client.
Is Hynotherapy right for me?
Do you ever say to yourself…
- If there was one thing I could change about my life, it would it be _______.
- I want to have less stress and be able to relax more.
- I want to be more confident in my (work, during presentations, in social situations, etc).
- I want to achieve or succeed at _______ by this date _______.
- I want to experience more _______ (e.g., abundance, love, health, joy) in my life.
- I want to improve my: ability to learn, my productivity, my memory, my golf game, etc.
- I have a fear of _______.
- I know it’s unhealthy, and I want to quit smoking, but I can’t seem to stop.
- I want to let go of these feelings (guilt, anger, jealousy, resentment, etc.) but I don’t know how.
- I feel stuck, and am having trouble making decisions.
If any of the above sounds familiar – let’s talk about hypnosis and how you can create positive change in your life.